The internet is full of free and paid online classes.
What are its advantages and disadvantages?
What should you expect when you practice yoga online?
How to prepare to take online classes?
What are the costs?
These are the questions I will answer here.
Advantages and disadvantages of taking online yoga classes.
Yoga classes online become very popular in the past years. People keep choosing this modality.
Advantages of practicing yoga classes online:
Pic from: conscious design
- The convenience of doing it from home and without wasting time moving.
- Access international teachers anywhere in the world.
- Reduces the anxiety of exposing yourself to other people and the ego of comparing yourself during practice.
- Can feel lonelier.
- Following the class can be more uncomfortable.
About this, I answer below for your online experience to be pleasant.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM AN ONLINE YOGA CLASS? WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE TEACHER?
- Good sound (the teacher who uses a microphone can guarantee that).
- A good image to be able to see the teacher’s movements.
- The teacher uses a computer to dictate the classes (not from a mobile).
- Cueing adapted for online classes.
Yoga is a holistic practice. It includes the physical, emotional, and energetic body. Through voice and image, the teacher can guide you to complement all aspects of the practice.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR CLASS?
Make sure you have:
- A yoga mat.
- Non-slip socks (if wearing socks).
- Comfortable clothes.
See your whole body on the screen.
- It is recommended to take the yoga class on the computer.
- Turn off the microphone to hear the class better.
Pic from Victoria Cao. Online YTT students.
How much does it cost to take yoga classes online?
The cost of a group class in the US can be from $15 usd to $28 usd. Canada can be from $16 Canadian dollars to $20.
A private online class in the US will start from $120 usd.