Trying something new can be very challenging. It can make you anxious and uncomfortable. If you’re attending you are a yoga beginner in your first class, you’d probably feel like you’re going to make a fool of yourself. Also, you might think that you don’t have the skills necessary to do it. So, it might affect the way in which you approach the first class. You start in a vulnerable position so I will help you to get in the right mindset with a few advices for your first class.
Tips for Yoga Beginners
- First of all, try to think that you are doing something that will be good for you and don’t push yourself to the extreme. Take it step by step and don’t expect to be the best at yoga poses at the first try. This will help you start from a place of self-compassion instead of obligation. You should have in mind that you will improve as you practice and also that you don’t have to be perfect at it.
- Listen to yourself and to your body. With this, you will learn to respect your own boundaries and limitations. This will help you to be aware of the progress that you’re making and to identify your needs. You will have a clearer idea of what you want to achieve with yoga practices. It will also be beneficial to connect with your mind in a deeper level.
- Be present and focused on what you’re doing. Let your body and breath lead the way and decide the pace. Somedays you might feel that you are not in the right mental or physical state to practice. But you can still do it by controlling the intensity and the rhythm that your body needs in that moment.
- Think that mastering hard postures takes time. It is good to remind yourself that you are stepping out of your comfort zone. If you embrace the hard things and try to find some reward in it even if you’re struggling, it will transform your mindset. Since it will improve your yoga practice but it will also improve your life.
Aerial Yoga for beginners
Aerial Yoga Swing delivers to your door for free.
- It is key that you set an intention and reachable goals. This will also help you stay focused during the whole practice. Not only it will be advantageous for your yoga classes, but also for your daily life. We all feel joy in achieving our goals so the more absorbed you are, the better.
- And, last but not least, you should approach your first yoga class with an open mind and zero expectations. This will make you feel lighter, happier and fulfilled. If you do this in every one of your classes, it will have a snowball effect and it will end up making a full impact on your life.
You shouldn’t be afraid of being a yoga beginner, embrace this feeling so you can make the most of yoga classes. These tips will prepare your body and your mind to start working not only on your body but also on yourself.
Let me help you! >Here< I explain you the different styles of yoga.
200hs Yoga Teacher Training
Certified Yoga Alliance